Lake Ray Hubbard, formerly Forney Lake, is a fresh water impoundment (reservoir) located in Dallas, Texas in the counties of Dallas, Kaufman, Collin, and Rockwall just north of the City of Forney. It was created by the construction of the Rockwall-Forney Dam which impounded the East Fork Trinity River. It measures 22,745 acres (92 km) in size with a storage capacity of 490,000 acre feet (600,000,000 m3) and a maximum depth of 40 feet (12 m). The dam is currently owned by the City of Dallas. Interstate 30 bisects the lake. The lake was originally named Forney Lake for the nearby town of Forney, Texas. After the City of Dallas incorporated the lake, it was renamed after a living person, Ray Hubbard, who presided over the Dallas Parks and Recreation System board from 1943 to 1972. The lake contains a large population of hybrid striped bass, white bass, largemouth bass, channel catfish, blue catfish, and white crappie.