Not yet known
Located in beautiful Sitka Alaska lies the Dragon Lady, sitting quietly in a lush harbor with the fishermen and travelers and was built in 1943 during World War II. Sitka was settled by Russians who named the area New Archangel. In 1867 the United States purchased Alaska from the Russians and Sitka was the site for the transaction. Sitka was the capitol of Alaska until the capitol moved to Juneau. The area is known for fishing, brown bears, and raptors. Along with deep forests and mild oceanic climate it is 735 miles by air or sea to Vancouver, BC. Many of the residents bicycle or Kay...