Restored 1989 Classic Mako 231 center console - Major restoration completed by Hermco Boat Repair Co. in Jensen Beach, FL in 2013. Rare opportunity to own one of Mako's most sought after hulls. It's a one of a kind boat that's a real head turner and gets compliments everywhere it goes. This boat was...more
We're sorry to see this one go but check out some other options below.
Restored 1989 Classic Mako 231 center console - Major restoration completed by Hermco Boat Repair Co. in Jensen Beach, FL in 2013. Rare opportunity to own one of Mako's most sought after hulls. It's a one of a kind boat that's a real head turner and gets compliments everywhere it goes. This boat was built with quality and pride during Mako's best years of production. This boat rides great, eats up seas, and has more room and storage than most 26 footers due to the new enclosed transom, bracket, and forward seating and storage compartments. In the bow there are three above deck storage compartments and one below deck insulated fish box in the floor. The rear has huge storage compartments on the port and starboard side big enough to hold beach chairs, bags, kites, anchors, noodles, etc. There are NO soft spots ANYWHERE on this boat. Solid as a rock.
The engine is 2005 Honda BF225 four-stroke with 1,900 hours. Good compression and runs perfect. Regularly maintained and service manual included. The engine cowl cover and lower covers have been repainted to look new again to match factory color (oyster silver metallic) and the rear decals were replaced. New water pump and impeller replaced last year. New trim pump seals just replaced. Mercury Enertia PVS high performance 17" pitch three blade SS propeller. It is not uncommon to see these engines still running strong with 7,000 plus hours on them. The Honda mechanic in Savannah just serviced one of the exact same engines with 8,000 hours on the original powerhead.
Also included is a new, navy blue custom boat cover that covers the entire boat, bracket, and engine. Paid $1,400 for the cover and it comes with an 8-year warranty
Boat work done:
- Hermco custom fiberglass twin engine high volume floatation bracket designed for heavy four-stroke outboards and maximum water displacement, 21 degree deadrise
- New custom enclosed transom and cap by Hermco
- Bottom sanded, faired, primed and painted white Interlux VC performance epoxy with Teflon
- Awlgrip paint hull sides- Ice Blue (custom mixed)
- Awlgrip paint inside - Snow White
- New 160 gallon aluminum fuel tank - coal tarred and foamed
- New coffin floor lid recored with divinicyl (no wood)
- New fuel lines, sending unit, hoses, vent, SS fill cap, etc
- New Ancor tinned marine grade wiring
- New bilge access floor hatch
- New Garelick 3 step telescoping SS ladder
- Custom in-channel rear floor drains
- New ping pong ball scuppers
- New Gemlux 3 spoke SS steering wheel with control knob
- Custom console with dash filled in and flush mounted electronics and SS drink holders
- Dual batteries relocated under console with battery selector switch
- Custom starboard rod rack inserts
- Custom starboard console hatch door
- Custom starboard console electrical switch plate
- New white rub rail with SS insert
- 8" inch SS rear pull up cleats
- 7" inch SS midship pull up cleats
- Custom aluminum TTop by Blackfyn Customs with larger diameter pipe, 4 T-Top rod holders and 2 kingfish rod holders. TTop is mounted to console instead of floor for more room
- Sailfish heavy duty TTop swivel and lock outrigger mounts
- Weblon Ice Blue vinyl TTop fabric to match hull
- Custom leaning post with 4 rocket launchers, under seat storage, grab rail, removable back rest and custom cover. Leaning post is mounted to coffin lid instead of deck floor for more room
- 6 gunnel mounted CE Smith SS rod holders with backing plates
- 4 transom mounted CE Smith SS rod holders with backing plates
- New custom removable front console seat cushions with track slide and underneath snaps
- All storage lids have SS lift and turn D handle latches to keep lids shut from bouncing while running offshore
- Dual Rule bilge pumps with float switch indicator lights
- Aerated live well in floor
- Sea Star hydraulic steering
Includes a Fast Load aluminum dual axle trailer. All matching aluminum 5 spoke mag wheels, with a matching spare. Leaf springs replaced two years ago. Bearings greased regularly and all tires in great shape.
60-day Sea Tow membership* comes standard with your boat purchase!
All reasonable offers will be reviewed and presented to the seller.
All offers are contingent upon being fully satisfied with unit after personal inspection and/or professional inspection.
Check out this 1989 231' Mako in Bluffton, South Carolina! #popyachts https://www.popyachts.com/center-console-fishing-boats-for-sale/mako-231-in-bluffton-south-carolina-114885
Click to tweet this message
We work closely with several marine lenders to offer you competitive rates and flexible financing options to get you approved and on the water quickly. Click the button below to view some of the lenders we work with.
Financing may not be available for this vessel, due either to its age or category. However, banks are giving marine loans, and we would love to get you started in a discussion about financing.
When prompted, enter stock number:
In order to see all photos, download a brochure, and more, please quickly create an account. It just takes a second and you will have unlimited access to view information for this listing and ALL others on the website.