A proven cruiser; the 2005 Hunter 38 is easy to single hand, and she performs! Cruising World Boat of the Year, 2005. Sweet Ann II has seen extensively refit with all new electronics, a new bottom, and many extras. The perfect family boat, she is turn-key ready to take you to Alaska, Florida or aro...more
We're sorry to see this one go but check out some other options below.
A proven cruiser; the 2005 Hunter 38 is easy to single hand, and she performs! Cruising World Boat of the Year, 2005. Sweet Ann II has seen extensively refit with all new electronics, a new bottom, and many extras. The perfect family boat, she is turn-key ready to take you to Alaska, Florida or around the world.
Hunter builds the hull with balsa-cored sandwich above the waterline and solid glass with Kevlar reinforcements below. It's a cost-effective and proven method that keeps weight down and increases impact resistance where it matters. The deck is bonded to the hull and through-bolted on an outward flange. Hunter protects the hull/deck joint from bumps and bruises with a stainless steel-capped vinyl rub rail.
The lead/antimony keel is connected to the structural hull grid with stainless-steel bolts. The test boat had the shallow-draft version, with a bulb that keeps the center of gravity low without creating excessive drag. Augmenting the efficiency of the lateral plane is a large, balanced spade rudder that has a composite stock." - Dieter Loibner with Cruising World Magazine...read the full review here http://www.cruisingworld.com/sailboats/hunter-38-familiar-form-refined
HERE's THE MARINER'S PACKAGE "PLUS":
* Double S/S Sink
* Dish Drying Rack system
* Front Loading Refrigeration
* Front Loading Freezer
* Corian Counter Top
* 110v Microwave
* Great Teak. The newer Hunter boats after 06 ARE NOT the same teak.
* New 830 AH in 4 Rolls-Surrette L-16 (6V) S-460 AGM House Battery Bank (2015).
* 270 AH Super 8D Starting Battery
* Electric Head (upgrade! Classy!)
* UK In Mast Furling Mainsail (SPARE - This is a NEW, SPARE mainsail...see below)
* New Doyle 125% Roller Furling Jib
* Sunbrella Full 360 deg. Cockpit Enclosure with Strataglass. By Hayden Island Canvas.
* 35# Rocna Anchor w/500' 5/8" nylon and 50' Chain, 25# Delta Anchor w/Chain and 200' Rode, Windlass
* Blue hull stripe/package. Distinctive.
All the other Standard Hunter Stuff (Every bit possible).
HOW DOES SHE SAIL? GREAT.
Equipment:Equipment:EXTRA ADDED FEATURES:
* North Sails (Custom)"Big Roach" Roller Furl main with Carbon vertical battens, 575 s.f.
* North Sails G-2 Gennaker /asymmetric spinnaker DOWNWIND CHUTE, Samson sheets, Harken tack block.
* North Sails Code Zero asymmetric spinnaker / Gennaker UPWIND CHUTE with integrated Harken Furler, New Samson sheets.
* Harken Graphite Spinnaker blocks (Upgrade).
* 40 HP Yanmar Diesel (upgrade).
* Espar Hydronic (Diesel Fuel cell) Cabin Heating System
* Isoguard Transformer (upgraded)
* Heart/Xantrex 3000watt Inverter/Charger System (Major upgrade).
* Link 1000 Digital Display for inverter and batteries. (upgrade).
*All lighting changed to LED for major power savings.
* 3 Blade Max Prop (Self Feathering prop (upgrade; see www.maxprop.com: almost Zero% prop walk, 94% reverse thrust, great maneuvering, add up to 20% to your sailing speed/acceleration, awesome, Original prop for spare.)
* 40" Folding Lewmar Wheel (Upgrade from Hunter's 36". Better feel, better steering!)
* Raymarine C120W Chart Plotter with Platinum Navionics charts from Puget Sound to Kodiak, AK on a "SeaTalk ng" backbone throughout the boat. Backbone has NMEA 2000 and SeaTalk takeoffs along with NMEA 0183 at Course Computer and at the C120W.
* Raymarine ST60 Graphic Display REPEATER at the Nav station (upgraded)
* Raymarine p-70 pilot controller with SPX-10 Course Computer
* Raymarine i-70 Wind, Temp, Speed, Depth (New with all new Transducers 2016)
* Raymarine mast Mount 4kw Digital Radar
* iCOM M506 VHF Transceiver w/DSC and AIS at Helm and at Nav Station with GPS connection via NMEA 0183 from chart plotter.
*.Furuno SC-30 Satellite Compass (Major upgrade $2000 that allows the autopilot to actually work the way it is supposed to even in high North latitudes or very rough seas.) http://furuno.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/25497-39463/Furuno-Satellite-Compasses-Heading-Sensors.html?cid=179816&chid=1600
* ACR PLB-375 ResQLink Personal Locating Beacon with 406 MHz Floating PLB, Built-In GPS, Strobe and 121 MHz Homing Beacon
* Screen/Shades built into Hatches. (Dealer upgrade, $1200, not standard).
* BOSE with Subwoofer. Additional FM/CD w/whether in the cockpit. Samsung 32" 1080p Smart TV with Clear View 240 motion rate.
* Intellian i3 Marine Satellite HD TV antenna with Dish receiver. http://www.westmarine.com/buy/intellian--i3-north-america-dish-network-value-pack--15710833
*Custom-built aft davit for Mercury 340, Air Floor 10' 6", White Hypalon - near new Tahatsu outboard
Dinghy included: Zodiac, Mercury 340, Air Floor 10'6" w/Tohatsu 6hp
Excellent condition inside and out and ready for her next adventure.
Measured speed over ground averaged 4.5 knots under main alone, 5.8 knots close hauled with a headsail, and close to 7 knots on a beam reach, all in about 10 knots of true wind.
-Sail Area (100%) 758 sq. ft. (70.19 sq. m.)
-Ballast (shallow/deep) 6,552/6,128 lb. (2,978/2,785 kg.)
-Displacement (shallow/deep) 17,674/17,250 lb. (8,006/7,814 kg.)
-Ballast/D (shallow/deep) .37/.36
-D/L (shallow/deep) 189/185
-SA/D (shallow/deep) 17.84/18.13
-Water 75 gal. (285 l.)
-Fuel 35 gal. (133 l.)
-Mast Height (std./furling) 59' 1''/60' 9'' (18.00/18.47 m.)
-Designer Glenn Henderson/Hunter Design Team
60-day Sea Tow membership* comes standard with your boat purchase!
All reasonable offers will be reviewed and presented to the seller.
All offers are contingent upon being fully satisfied with unit after personal inspection and/or professional inspection.
Check out this 2005 38' Hunter in Anacortes, Washington! #sailing #popyachts https://www.popyachts.com/cruising-sailboats-for-sale/hunter-38-in-anacortes-washington-114737
Click to tweet this message
We work closely with several marine lenders to offer you competitive rates and flexible financing options to get you approved and on the water quickly. Click the button below to view some of the lenders we work with.
Financing may not be available for this vessel, due either to its age or category. However, banks are giving marine loans, and we would love to get you started in a discussion about financing.
When prompted, enter stock number:
In order to see all 96 photos, download a brochure, and more, please quickly create an account. It just takes a second and you will have unlimited access to view information for this listing and ALL others on the website.