This Nauticat 43 is the most highly equipped blue-water cruising boat. Starting with an excellent pedigree (the Sparkman and Stevens designed Nauticat Pilothouse sailboat built for true bluewater sailing) this vessel has been equipped with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of new high-end gear ...more
We're sorry to see this one go but happy to say that she has been sold.
This Nauticat 43 is the most highly equipped blue-water cruising boat. Starting with an excellent pedigree (the Sparkman and Stevens designed Nauticat Pilothouse sailboat built for true bluewater sailing) this vessel has been equipped with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of new high-end gear to make it the most equipped blue-water cruiser available by a long shot, in a while. Equipped with the latest in electronics and safety, this yacht is set up to be easily handled by a single sailor while crossing vast oceans.
This yacht is ideally suited for shorthanded crew or families who want to cross oceans in utmost safety and comfort. Already equipped with all the gear you can imagine, starting out with this yacht will just make that dream of crossing oceans that much closer to happening, as this vessel is already so well equipped and has crossed oceans multiple times already.
- Pilothouse with an all-round view! Excellent protection from Weather. Sail in comfort
- Built for true around the world blue-water cruising
- Displacement/Length Ratio of 431! Very Sea Kindly!
- Three separate stateroom/cabins:
1. Aft Cabin - large owner's stateroom, complete with remote monitor for all navigation and safety equipment, including radar, AIS, GPS, Depth, and more. This cabin has a large bed designed for comfort in all types of weather: no need for Lee cloths. Lots of storage and lockers.
2. Forward Cabin: with V-berth and lots of storage
3. Mid-Aft Cabin: with over/under bunk beds: Two single bunk beds
Excellent access to the engine room, both from above and from a side-door. No need to lift floors to access the engine room when underway. Simply enter via the side door
No expense was spared in securing the best of the best in electronics for this yacht! Successive owners have added spent huge sums getting the very best for this vessel.
- Cockpit Helm Station: A Garmin 5212 Multi-function Display Unit
- In the Pilothouse/Saloon: Another Garmin 5212 Multi-function Display Unit
- In the Aft Cabin: Large 15" Multi-function Display mirroring Helm Station Garmin 5212
- Radar: A Garmin GMR 18HD High Definition Digital Radar
- AIS: Garmin AIS 600 Automatic Transceiver with both receive and send
- Underwater Mounted Camera: To view underneath the boat. Can be rotated from inside to view both forward and aft underwater, as well as to the sides. Great for watching fish or checking the underbody
- Single Side Band SSB/HF Marine and Ham Radio: with an excellently located SSB antenna installed high up between mizzen and main masts
- SCS Pactor III Modem, upgraded, to enable send/receive of data over SSB/Ham Radio
- Raymarine Hydraulic Autopilot: A very robust Raymarine autopilot with an independent hydraulic system. The autopilot is connected to the Garmin GPS NMEA output, so you can program the boat to navigate to a precise GPS waypoint.
- Backup Raymarine Wheel Autopilot: Yes, a second autopilot is connected to the wheel as a backup
- Airmar PB200 Ultrasonic Digital Weather Station - get highly accurate windspeed and direction digitally with no moving parts! Mounted on top of the mast
- NMEA 2000 Bus runs from the top of the main mast, through the boat, and up the mizzen. Along the way, several items are connected to the bus, including the Garmin 5212 multifunction displays, the radar, the AIS, a depth-speed-temperature sensor (DST), the Airmar PB200 weather station, etc. The location and length of the bus make it very easy to add more NMEA2k components, so you always have the very latest electronics. NMEA2K is the latest and fastest marine network that interconnects multiple systems from different manufacturers, including Garmin and Raymarine.
Multi-Function Single Unit Wireless Remote Control: Like a TV multifunction remote control, you can operate many different wireless control features of this vessel from one remote controller. Use one single wireless remote controller to operate all the wireless functions of this boat, including:
Genoa/Jib Electric Roller Furler
Staysail Electric Roller Furler
Mainsail Electric In-Mast Furler
Electric Anchor Windlass
Electric Dinghy Hoist Crane Motor
Aft Cabin Mounted Huge Multifunction LCD Display with Wireless Remote Control for the Garmin 2000k Systems including GPS, Radar, AIS, Autopilot Navigation, Engine camera, Underwater camera, etc: Monitor all functions from the comfort of the aft cabin. Maintain excellent watch in the comfort of your aft cabin bed, while monitoring all systems of the boat, including its radar, GPS, AIS, and autopilot navigation. You can also monitor the underwater camera as well as the engine room camera, all from the comfort of your bed!
- 5 Heavy Duty 8D Lifeline Batteries: Total capacity exceeds 1000 Amp-Hours! Batteries in excellent condition
- One Xantrex 3.5kW inverter/Charger: Automatically provides 110v AC power to the entire boat. Also, charges the batteries when shore power is available.
- Second Xantrex 1.5KW inverter/Charger: Provides AC power and charging also.
- Solar Panels: 2-Panels: 430 Watts total of Solar Panel, connected in series to a highly-efficient MPPT Solar Charge Controller. Provides ample DC charging when the sun is shining
- Wind Generator: 400 Watts Marine Wind Generator, mounted on the mizzen, provides ample power when the wind is blowing, night or day.
- 4KW Diesel Generator provides ample power enough to run all three air conditioners at the same time. Use the generator to operate the installed washing machine/dryer
- 220V Converter for Cruising in European Waters
Live Aboard Systems
1. High Capacity Water Maker - with highly energy efficient Clark Pump
2. Deep Freezer Water-Cooled Holding Plate System with Electric Pump Drive: Holding Plate Freezers are the best of the best type of freezer aboard a voyaging yacht - they are like batteries in that they store 'cold'. This type of freezer allows you to drive the compartment down to -39 degrees Fahrenheit and then coast through the next 24 hours without any power based on its holding capacity. Very efficient use of power: Run the pump once a day, for about an hour or more, and coast through the day with subzero temperatures!
3. Efficient DC Fridge: A second highly insulated 12v DC fridge
4. 3rd Fridge with Freezer
5. Splendide Combo Washing Machine with both Washer and Dryer
6. Air Conditioning - three independent Airconditioning units installed, one for the forward section of the boat, including the galley and forecabin, one for the main cabin/pilot house, and one for the aft cabin
7. ITR Hurricane II Combi Space and Domestic Water Heating System with multi-zone outputs distributed all across the boat. Maintain excellent climate control with even set temperature across the boat.
8. The Hurricane II Combi Heater is a 40,000 BTU diesel heater and also provides hot water on demand. Never run out of hot water while taking a shower, even if your shower lasts hours or months!!! The Hurricane Combi Heater is connected both to the diesel tank and to electricity and can use either or both power sources. With the diesel heater, it heats faster than you can use the water, so you are guaranteed to have hot water all day long, no matter how many showers.
9. 27" LCD Digital TV in the main salon
10. 15" LCD Systems Monitor in Aft Cabin - connected to Garmin 5212 Multifunction Display, and to the underwater camera and engine room camera
- Manufacturer: Nauticat Yachts Oy / Siltala Yachts / Finland
- Model: Nauticat 43
- Built: 1985
- Designer: World famous Sparkman and Stevens (S&S)
- Category: Pilothouse Bluewater Cruiser - Ketch Rigged Cutter
- Length Over All: 47' 7.5"
- Length at Water Line: 32' 10"
- Beam: 13' 10"
- Draft: 6.25'
- Displacement: 33,100 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 265 gallons diesel in two tanks
- Water Capacity: 220 gallons in two SS tanks
- Speed under Power: 7 knots at 2000 rpm
- Interior: 3 staterooms, 2 heads (one with shower), galley, dinette, pilothouse with helm and nav station
- Displacement to Length Ratio: 417.6 (Super Comfortable Ocean Cruiser)
- Engine: Ford 90HP Lehman 4-cyclinder diesel, fresh-water cooled
- Transmission: Borg Warner Velvet Drive Hydraulic Transmission
- Propeller: Max Prop, 3-blade 22" adjustable pitch
- Generator: 1993 Universal Model 18, 4KW 2-Cyclinder fresh water cooled diesel, with remote start and instrument panel
- Sails: Main, Genoa, Staysail, Mizzen - All Sails are Roller Furled. Staysail is self-tending (as it main and mizzen sail).
This 1985 Nauticat 43 is in very good condition. It appears to be ready for bluewater cruising. Bottom paint was completed in 2012 and has been cleaned routinely. Sails are in good condition but not new. Boat could use detailing but all systems are said to be working.
60-day Sea Tow membership* comes standard with your boat purchase!
All reasonable offers will be reviewed and presented to the seller.
All offers are contingent upon being fully satisfied with unit after personal inspection and/or professional inspection.
Check out this 1985 43' Nauticat in Brisbane, California! #popyachts https://www.popyachts.com/cruising-sailboats-for-sale/nauticat-43-in-brisbane-california-114404
Click to tweet this message
We work closely with several marine lenders to offer you competitive rates and flexible financing options to get you approved and on the water quickly. Click the button below to view some of the lenders we work with.
Financing may not be available for this vessel, due either to its age or category. However, banks are giving marine loans, and we would love to get you started in a discussion about financing.
When prompted, enter stock number:
In order to see all photos, download a brochure, and more, please quickly create an account. It just takes a second and you will have unlimited access to view information for this listing and ALL others on the website.