She is ready and fully functional.
The Sabre 28 is a very fast, very quick pocket cruiser. She was converted from a tiller to a wheel. Spacious salon, L-shaped galley with two burner alcohol stove, sink, icebox and counter-top extension. A hinged table folds down between the two opposite fac...more
She is ready and fully functional.
The Sabre 28 is a very fast, very quick pocket cruiser. She was converted from a tiller to a wheel. Spacious salon, L-shaped galley with two burner alcohol stove, sink, icebox and counter-top extension. A hinged table folds down between the two opposite facing sofas (which convert to sleeping berths.
Wireless Furuno radar antenna/system links to tablets or phones via a free app. The new Lowrance Hook7 GPS/plotter links to AIS and also doubles as a fishfinder.
The original tiller comes with the boat, as does the 406 MHz EPIRB, two winch handles, two anchors and two rodes (the new anchor is a Lewmar 14lb plow with 150 foot rode including a 15-foot chain - Dec 2017), Raymarine ST 40 bi-data system.
The seller is also including an AC/Heater they've been intending to install but never got around to it. Sabres are rare in Florida, but it's 3'10" shoal draft makes it the perfect coastal sailboat, especially for the Florida Keys.
Dinghy included: Inflatable
Lots of recent upgrades:
- Raymarine EV 100 wheel pilot * November/December 2017
- Furuno DRS4W wireless radar (Can use multiple iPhones/iPads as mobile display screens) * November/December 2017
- Lowrance Hook7 chart plotter/fishfinder (Displays AIS information from - Standard Horizon VHF radio)* November/December 2017
- Standard Horizon VHF radio with AIS and GPS * November/December 2017
- Renogy 100 Watt solar panel with 30 Amp charge controller *
- A third deep cycle marine battery to increase power storage. * November/December 2017
-All of the above listed recent upgrades were professionally installed by Paradise Yacht Service.
- Fully bottom painted and boot strapped * 2015
- New ProMariner battery charger * 2015
- tachometer replaced * 2015
- New genoa sheets * 2015
- Genoa serviced - restitched suncover, leech and foot tapes * 2015
- New Lewmar Traveler was installed just outside the companionway to improve functionality (original traveler is behind the wheel on the transom which was awkward) * 2015
- New water lines from the water tank and foot pump faucet in galley * 2014
- Teak professionally refinished * 2014
- Completely rebuilt Universal 16 HP 4 cycle 2 cylinder Diesel installed by Advance Marine * 2012
- All Standing rigging professionally replaced * 2012
- Mainsail serviced - head slide, leech line, bold rope tell tales, battens all serviced * 2012
- 12R12 three blade bronze 7/8"bore propeller * 2012
Life lines replaced * 2012
So here is what she needs: just a little TLC - the bathroom faucet/hand pump does not work, the Raymarine ST 40 Bi-data speed sensor is not working (speed wheel probably damaged during hull cleaning) but depth sensor does.
The old Raymarine 750 color chart plotter turns on but can't get a fix (may be the antenna, now using the new Lowrance chart plotter), the sliding companionway hatch cover has a crack does not leak, the tail of wind indicator on the masthead was broken off by the birds.
60-day Sea Tow membership* comes standard with your boat purchase!
All reasonable offers will be reviewed and presented to the seller.
All offers are contingent upon being fully satisfied with unit after personal inspection and/or professional inspection.
Check out this 1976 Sabre 28 Mark II in Saint Petersburg, Florida! #aco2015 #popyachts https://www.popyachts.com/cruising-sailboats-for-sale/sabre-28-mark-ii-in-saint-petersburg-florida-r1-142620
Click to tweet this message
We work closely with several marine lenders to offer you competitive rates and flexible financing options to get you approved and on the water quickly. Click the button below to view some of the lenders we work with.
Financing may not be available for this vessel, due either to its age or category. However, banks are giving marine loans, and we would love to get you started in a discussion about financing.
When prompted, enter stock number:
In order to see all photos, download a brochure, and more, please quickly create an account. It just takes a second and you will have unlimited access to view information for this listing and ALL others on the website.