This 1989 Wellcraft 330 Coastal has been repowered, and also has the advantage of prop tunnels. This provides for a shallower draft and is more fuel efficient due to reduced shaft angle. The Coastal is the Wellcraft battlewagon - designed for offshore fishing, with a very good ride in rough seas. Th...more
We're sorry to see this one go but happy to say that she has been sold.
This 1989 Wellcraft 330 Coastal has been repowered, and also has the advantage of prop tunnels. This provides for a shallower draft and is more fuel efficient due to reduced shaft angle. The Coastal is the Wellcraft battlewagon - designed for offshore fishing, with a very good ride in rough seas. These are straight inboards with the motors more midship for better weight balance. Seller indicated the 1989 Coastal 330 has a hand laid hull.
This Wellcraft was hauled out of the water and was in dry dock for over a year, 2015-2016. ($7200 in dry dock fees alone). The boat was stripped of all internal systems and wiring. The boat then received a complete mechanical and safety retrofit. Not just a repower, a retrofit. The difference? About $50,000+.
Engines are MerCruisers 454s, with fresh water cooling, fully rebuilt and customized for marine fishing. Bored .030 over with all new internal parts. The cam shaft, lifters, pistons and other internal parts were chosen for torque, not horse power. This makes the engines perform like a diesel engine. The seller has a background in car engines and several experienced mechanics were involved in the choosing of the internal parts. Power is 462ci EFI ECM V-8 motors with 235 hours (verified by receipts and onboard computer)
They are not "just a V8", they are built for durability and economy. They feature Holly Fuel Injection, GM Electronic Computer Controlled Ignition and Davis Unified Ignition (DUI) Distributors.
This boat is not just "repowered", it is a "Resto-mod" (restoration/modified).
On the list of important items are....
1) Rebuilt Engines
2) Rebuilt Transmissions
3) Rebuilt shafts, reshaped propellers, new cutlass bearings and new stuffing boxes.
4) COMPLETE BARE HULL REWIRE This means EVERY wire was removed, including the bonding system, and was replaced using oversized Marine grade wire. (important as regular car or house wire is not correct for saltwater applications)
5) Hoses and belts are marine grade and designed to allow the use of 87 octane Ethanol gas. (note we have never used anything but rec90 in the boat).
6) New 137 gallon Aluminum Gas Tanks (good for 20+years) New FreeFall Windlass with 600' Goode Color-Coded anchor rope
7) Garmin 741XS GPS and matching Garmin HD 45 miles Radar
8) Garmin Autopilot with Solid-state 9-axis Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and ShadowDrive.
9) 200Watt Solar Panel Charging system, in addition to auto charging for shore power
10) Rebuilt power hydraulic steering (to match new autopilot)
11) CD/MP3 Bluetooth Stereo with 4 marine speakers
12) New Head (toilet) with all new hoses and tank
13) 3 oversized Automatic Bilge system on independent electrical circuit (for maximum safety in event of a leak.
Under the bench seat is a fish box from an old king fishing boat - this will hold 1,000 pounds of ice! 2 in-deck extra long, insulated boxes hold big Mahi/Tuna/Kingfish.
The bottom was painted about 2 years ago and has regular bottom cleanings.
She's a true Sport Fisherman!
The owner tells us he just spent almost $1000 in updated all the cushions in the berth. Last month he said he replaced the starter and alternator, plugs, wires, engine flush, thermostats, riser gaskets, and installed 200W solar panel mounted on roof Jan 2020.
The Compact Onan 12 KW generator does not run - he thinks needs a starter. The shower in enclosed bathroom needs Showerhead and hot water heater. Working refrigerator needs shore power. The air conditioning is not working. Stbd tank is leaking and needs replacing. She is a project boat.
We have several active listings for Sea Ray, Bayliner, Chris-Craft, and Carver. If you're in the Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, or Boynton Beach areas, please use the form on this page to let me know what you're looking for and I'll get back with you today about any other sport fishing yacht / fishing boat options we have locally that may meet your needs.
Check out this 1989 Wellcraft 330 Coastal in Stuart, Florida! #WellcraftBoats #popyachts https://www.popyachts.com/sport-fishing-yachts-for-sale/wellcraft-330-coastal-in-stuart-florida-192035
Click to tweet this message
When prompted, enter stock number:
In order to see the advanced metrics, all 175 photos, a video, download a brochure, and more, please quickly create an account. It just takes a second and you will have unlimited access to view information for this listing and ALL others on the website. If you don't use social media, click here to register with your email.